»Æ¹ÏÊÓÆµing Engineering at »Æ¹ÏÊÓÆµ, you benefit from expert teaching underpinned by technological innovation, sound engineering practice and, most importantly, real-world application. Many of our courses are accredited by the British Computing Society (BCS) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
Why study in the School of Computer Science and Technology?
- You benefit from our dedicated engineering environments and equipment in our Â£40m STEM building, opened in 2019
- Our courses look to the future with use of artificial intelligence, automotive engineering and robotics equipment
- Our Electronic Engineering courses are accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Our Construction courses score highly for teaching; academic support; organisation and management; and overall satisfaction (NSS, 2022), with a 100% satisfaction rating for academic support
- Our academics are involved in real-world research, leading the way in areas such as enhanced robot technology; nano-robotics in cancer cell exploration; food waste reduction; carbon emission reduction; and a range of digital health initiatives
- Our staffâ€™s research expertise feeds directly back into their teaching, creating a vibrant, supportive learning environment and practice-based training